Shell Oil said it is abandoning its mission of exploring oil in the Arctic Ocean. That gave a jolt to the Unalaska and even the entire state. Officials of Unalaska said this move will not affect the budget of the city too much but it will affect the business of the local companies that are engaged in deals with Shell.
General Motors says there will be cars available soon that can remotely locked, unlocked and be started. The automaker revealed that at present it is testing an application that allows owners of cars to lock or unlock their vehicles and even start them remotely.
Federal Reserve discussed a probable raise in the interest rates all through the summer keeping hopes high. The near zero interest rate has been that way since the Great Recession struck in 2008-2009. In recent months the Federal Reserve decided it was not the right time for a raise as inflation rate was low and the global economic conditions were not stable.
On Friday, Scottrade, the discount broker said that it faced a cyber attack from late 2013 to early 2014. The hackers might have accessed names of clients and addresses in a database. Some 4.6 million customers might have been affected due to the hack.
It's October, and it's the Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
On Thursday, at a fundraiser event organised at Proctor's Theatre, keynote speaker Sandra Lee spoke about her experiences with cancer and hoe was she free from it now. The event was organised to help raise money for a new technology which screens for breast cancer.
An increasing number of shopping centres are still coming up in South Africa even though the slowing economy of the country is expected to cut down on consumer spending. However, the real estate developers remain enthusiastic about investing in more number of shopping centres.
On Thursday, the head of an industry body said that the new visa rules implemented in South Africa could cost the country's tourism industry yearly $540 million revenue.
- New York City Rent Guidelines Board in an Unprecedented Move Votes to Freeze Regulated Rents on One-Year Leases
- According to S&P Dubai Real Estate Prices Likely to Drop Ten to Twenty Percent 2015
- Gains Noted in Southern California Home Sales Marking a Rise in Prices
- Fannie Mae Accused of Discriminating Neighborhoods on the Basis of Races by Fair Housing
- Second Quarter Profits of Business Software Provider SAP Drops Due to Higher Expenditures
- The National Football League’s Revenue Growing Rapidly with $1.3 billion Added Revenue in 2014
- Express with Emojis and You Might be Able to Suggest the Next Emoji to be Included on the Keyboard
- Livetext, the New Yahoo Messenger Debuts in Hong Kong before a Wider Release
- Report from a Security Firm Suggests Decline in Spam Rate and Increase in Malware Creation
- President Obama Planning to Make Changes in US Criminal Justice System
- Documents from 2005 Sex-Assault Lawsuit Should Not Be Unsealed, says Bill Cosby’s Lawyer
- Friend of Boston Bomber Sentenced Two And a Half Years of Imprisonment
- Prison Employee faces Charges of helping 2 Prisoners to Escape
- New York police detective shoots gunman who injured a man