On Friday, a U. S. judge appeared to be unconvinced about the bid that Uber wants as a quick pre-trial ruling, which says that the drivers working for the company are contractors and are not its employees.
Tim Cook, the chief executive of the technology giant Apple got a rise in his base salary by almost 43% last year in February, said the company.
The salary of Mr Cook increaser from$1.4m to $2m and the overall remuneration amounted to more than double to whooping $9.2m in 2014.
Robert Iger, the CEO and Chairman of Disney had a big jump in his compensation in 201, to a whopping $43.7 million as the company had a smashing hit year.
On Friday, the Burbank, California based enterprise unveiled the compensation package during its annual proxy statement which was filed with the regulators.
On Wednesday, some rumours about Samsung approaching BlackBerry for sales deal shot up its shares nearly by 30%.
A report said that Samsung the South Korean firm has approached BlackBerry for buying the company in an offer of nearly $7.5 billion.
In 2012, when Microsoft announced an investment of $300 million in the Nook division of Barnes & it seemed that it was a new life line for the last standing physically existing bookstore chain. The investment valued the business of Nook at $1.7 billion at that time. Owing to the news the stocks of the bookseller had spiked.
On Thursday, a source said that there is a shuffle in the top ranks of Samsung Electronics Co Ltd and three of the deputies to the head of the mobile division are leaving the company. The decision comes at a time when the largest maker of largest smartphone in the world is facing a steep decline in its profit figures.
Approximately two thousand insurance jobs may be on the verge of trimming as Aviva tries to soothe uncertainties regarding its bid for Friends Life.
Some analysts called Friday's £5.6 billion deal as a scope for Aviva to raise its dividend; some others remained unconvinced, with a single question in mind, thinking whether this was anything but "a rights issue in disguise".
- New York City Rent Guidelines Board in an Unprecedented Move Votes to Freeze Regulated Rents on One-Year Leases
- According to S&P Dubai Real Estate Prices Likely to Drop Ten to Twenty Percent 2015
- Gains Noted in Southern California Home Sales Marking a Rise in Prices
- Fannie Mae Accused of Discriminating Neighborhoods on the Basis of Races by Fair Housing
- Second Quarter Profits of Business Software Provider SAP Drops Due to Higher Expenditures
- The National Football League’s Revenue Growing Rapidly with $1.3 billion Added Revenue in 2014
- Express with Emojis and You Might be Able to Suggest the Next Emoji to be Included on the Keyboard
- Livetext, the New Yahoo Messenger Debuts in Hong Kong before a Wider Release
- Report from a Security Firm Suggests Decline in Spam Rate and Increase in Malware Creation
- President Obama Planning to Make Changes in US Criminal Justice System
- Documents from 2005 Sex-Assault Lawsuit Should Not Be Unsealed, says Bill Cosby’s Lawyer
- Friend of Boston Bomber Sentenced Two And a Half Years of Imprisonment
- Prison Employee faces Charges of helping 2 Prisoners to Escape
- New York police detective shoots gunman who injured a man