In a new move on Sunday, the authorities in the city started banning the short term private property rentals through online rental platforms like Airbnb and similar rivals.
The action is mainly aimed to provide more affordable housing for the residents in the German capital. Non compliance could draw heavy fines. The authorities are worried that the rising trend of renting out apartments to tourists via Airbnb, 9Flats, Wimdu and other numerous sites is resulting in supply deficiency and forcing up the rents.
The luxury hotel sector in Paris is facing a dilemma due to an increase in competition posed by new hotels and also from Airbnb.
Airbnb, offers maximum accommodations in Paris as compared to any other place in the world. The home sharing website is a haven for budget travelers and that's frightening the deluxe hotels in the French capital.
On Tuesday, Airbnb the hospitality company officially launched itself in South Africa announcing plans of accelerated growth in its biggest market in the entire continent.
Airbnb, is a fast growing community-driven hospitality business with its online marketplace allowing travelers to find people in different destinations who are willing to provide accommodation to the guests for a certain fee.
- Postage Prices will Decrease from Sunday; USPS not too Happy About It
- Marriott and Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide Inc Shareholders Approve to $14.41 Sales Deal
- UK plan to impose additional tax on sugary drinks
- Obesity during pregnancy may increase risk of very ‘large babies’
- Dropping Sales at Gap’s Key Brands hurt the Company’s Shares