In an announcement, Box and IBM said that they were going into a partnership which will allow their technologies to be integrated and the cloud products o be mutually mingled.
As the arrangement goes, the customers of Box will be able to store their data on cloud services of IBM which reportedly will have forty six data centers all over the world by this year's end.
International Business Machines Corp. reported its earnings for the quarter on Monday. The technology giant reported lower profits than expected in the initial quarter after it faced another plunge in revenues. The reason for the fall this time is attributed to the strong US dollar.
John Akers, the former Chairman of International Business Machines Corp. (IBM) died of a stroke on Friday at the age of 79. ld.
IBM or International Business Machines Corp. has cleared a review by U. S. national-security for the sales deal of its server business to Lenovo Group Ltd. of China. It can now permit the low-end server business transaction of $2.3 billion move ahead even when there is mounting tension between the two countries.
IBM has settled to obtain Aspera, which specialises large file transfer technology.
IBM is bolstering its big data and cloud computing capabilities by acquiring technology that makes it easier for customer to move large data files to the cloud with this move. Financial terms of the deal have not been disclosed yet.
Watson revealed that a new mode to treat cancer is the IBM supercomputer and is best known for its 2011 winning streak on the TV game show Jeopardy!
An inquiry headed by former Supreme Court judge Richard Chesterman, QC, is scrutinizing the contract given to IBM for Queensland Health payroll in 2007.
A former IBM employee, Terry Burns, said he never tried to express preference for IBM to win the contract though any unfair means.
- Key Interest Rates Unaltered and Mortgages Get Cheaper
- November Home Sale Prices Moved up in November by 5.3 Percent
- Hyatt’s Malware Attack Affects Properties in India too
- London’s Expensive Property Market Advertises Cheapest Flat for about £75,000
- Slow Down in Housing Market Could be a Drag on Canada’s Economy
- Record Profit for American Airlines in 2015
- Soft Patch for the U.S. Economy in 2015, Q4 with Inventory Stockpile and Slowing Global Demand
- Oil Futures Scale on Hopes of Reduced Supply as Russia Plans to Talk to OPEC Members
- Amazon’s Quarterly Result Misses Expectations; Shares Drop
- Social media to blame for sleep disturbances, study