Mississippi Power started producing syngas at the Kemper County energy facility. Syngas is produced using lignite coal. This is the most significant milestone for the plant's history.
Syngas is produced when lignite is heated at high temperatures in the Kemper plant's gasifiers which convert coal to gas.
- Postage Prices will Decrease from Sunday; USPS not too Happy About It
- Marriott and Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide Inc Shareholders Approve to $14.41 Sales Deal
- UK plan to impose additional tax on sugary drinks
- Obesity during pregnancy may increase risk of very ‘large babies’
- Dropping Sales at Gap’s Key Brands hurt the Company’s Shares