Is Independent Living Important? How and How Much?
An immensely interesting strategy has recently been launched with the intent of providing timely and valuable assistance to elderly people so that they can live in their own homes with ease and comfort for longer.
In this regard, the Scottish Government, in alliance with local authority body named Cosla, has formulated an utterly strange and promising strategy, dubbed “The Older People's Housing Strategy”, that offers a blueprint for the next
10 years or so.
It mainly revolves around the effectiveness and imperativeness of backing up the idea and practice of independent living, at least for as longer period of time as possible. It has rated independent living better than going for "premature or inappropriate" entrances to old-age care homes or hospitals, for that matter.
The strategy, released by Keith Brown, the Housing Minister, is basically focused on a large number of people aged around 60 or above. The minister has also expressed his expectations that the said group of population is likely to spike up tremendously in the time to come, most probably going in excess of 1.7 million by the year 2035 that means an escalation of about 46% as compared to figures recorded last year.
It will primarily work towards strengthening preventative services so as to limit the frequency of accidents and emergency entrances to hospitals.
While expressing his opinion in this regard, Mr. Brown claimed that the strategy, which will be implemented all over the nation, sets out the main idea for offering support and housing for elderly people. In addition, it will follow a framework designed with the special intent for delivery.
It will be basically directed towards assisting them in living more independently, more comfortably and more safely at their own home in their own communities, where they have deep recognition and are valued no less than an asset, a place where their voices are heard and heeded to good effect.
New Zealand News
- Porsche reportedly developing electric version of 718 sports car
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- Plug-in cars’ share grows to 32% in Netherlands in September 2021
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids