The federal advisory panel is of the view that the adults in the U. S need to get vaccination against whooping cough which is an infectious disease. It was revealed that people above the age of 65 years, who have seemingly not been given a proper vaccination for whooping cough, need to receive the same.
Whooping cough has been associated with children for a long time and only they have been religiously vaccinated against the disease. The adults have forgotten to see that the disease is as dangerous for them as the children and they need to be vaccinated against the same as well.
It is essential that adults and especially the elderly are vaccinated against the onset of the disease. It is contagious disease, which is also known as pertussis. It includes terrible coughing and might even tend to be fatal in extreme cases. This makes it all the more essential for one and all to get proper vaccination against the disease.
There is need for the health authorities to take a firm stand on the same and more steps towards vaccinating as many people against the disease as possible.
One vaccine version for the disease is made by the pharmaceutical firm Sanofi Pasteur and the other is made by GlaxoSmithKline. These vaccines should be able to safeguard the adults against a host of other infections like diphtheria, whooping cough and tetanus as well.
It remains to be seen whether a brand of vaccine can be made especially for the adults. This would be able to target the adults and keep them safe from the onset of a number of infections. This will help in bringing down the number of people infected by the disease each year. This in turn will help in making for a healthier community.
- Key Interest Rates Unaltered and Mortgages Get Cheaper
- November Home Sale Prices Moved up in November by 5.3 Percent
- Hyatt’s Malware Attack Affects Properties in India too
- London’s Expensive Property Market Advertises Cheapest Flat for about £75,000
- Slow Down in Housing Market Could be a Drag on Canada’s Economy
- Record Profit for American Airlines in 2015
- Soft Patch for the U.S. Economy in 2015, Q4 with Inventory Stockpile and Slowing Global Demand
- Oil Futures Scale on Hopes of Reduced Supply as Russia Plans to Talk to OPEC Members
- Amazon’s Quarterly Result Misses Expectations; Shares Drop
- Social media to blame for sleep disturbances, study