The federal advisory panel is of the view that the adults in the U. S need to get vaccination against whooping cough which is an infectious disease. It was revealed that people above the age of 65 years, who have seemingly not been given a proper vaccination for whooping cough, need to receive the same.
Whooping cough has been associated with children for a long time and only they have been religiously vaccinated against the disease. The adults have forgotten to see that the disease is as dangerous for them as the children and they need to be vaccinated against the same as well.
It is essential that adults and especially the elderly are vaccinated against the onset of the disease. It is contagious disease, which is also known as pertussis. It includes terrible coughing and might even tend to be fatal in extreme cases. This makes it all the more essential for one and all to get proper vaccination against the disease.
There is need for the health authorities to take a firm stand on the same and more steps towards vaccinating as many people against the disease as possible.
One vaccine version for the disease is made by the pharmaceutical firm Sanofi Pasteur and the other is made by GlaxoSmithKline. These vaccines should be able to safeguard the adults against a host of other infections like diphtheria, whooping cough and tetanus as well.
It remains to be seen whether a brand of vaccine can be made especially for the adults. This would be able to target the adults and keep them safe from the onset of a number of infections. This will help in bringing down the number of people infected by the disease each year. This in turn will help in making for a healthier community.
- New York City Rent Guidelines Board in an Unprecedented Move Votes to Freeze Regulated Rents on One-Year Leases
- According to S&P Dubai Real Estate Prices Likely to Drop Ten to Twenty Percent 2015
- Gains Noted in Southern California Home Sales Marking a Rise in Prices
- Fannie Mae Accused of Discriminating Neighborhoods on the Basis of Races by Fair Housing
- Second Quarter Profits of Business Software Provider SAP Drops Due to Higher Expenditures
- The National Football League’s Revenue Growing Rapidly with $1.3 billion Added Revenue in 2014
- Express with Emojis and You Might be Able to Suggest the Next Emoji to be Included on the Keyboard
- Livetext, the New Yahoo Messenger Debuts in Hong Kong before a Wider Release
- Report from a Security Firm Suggests Decline in Spam Rate and Increase in Malware Creation
- President Obama Planning to Make Changes in US Criminal Justice System
- Documents from 2005 Sex-Assault Lawsuit Should Not Be Unsealed, says Bill Cosby’s Lawyer
- Friend of Boston Bomber Sentenced Two And a Half Years of Imprisonment
- Prison Employee faces Charges of helping 2 Prisoners to Escape
- New York police detective shoots gunman who injured a man