With issues of error in packaging, North American division company of Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd. i. e. Glenmark Generics Inc. has issued an immediate recall over seven lots of contraceptive tablets, all from the US market.
In its announcements, Glenmark Generics Inc. said that it has issued a voluntary, nationwide, consumer-level recall in the entire US market of all the seven lots of oral contraceptive tablets that it has sold in the country including in the lots: Norgestimate and Ethinyl Estradiol tablets USP, 0.18 mg/0.035 mg, 0.215 mg/0.035 mg, 0.25 mg/0.035mg.
The company said that they noticed some packaging errors in few of the selected blisters, which could have reversed the weekly tablet orientation, thereby publishing the lot number and expiry date only on the outer pouch of the tablets.
Following their announcement of the recall, the company has suggested all the people to identify this packaging error (in only the seven lots mentioned) prior making their buy and also they have pointed all those blisters that are not mentioning any lot number and expiry date on their cover as subjected to recall.
Glenmark also cleared in its announcement that the packaging errors could have also resulted in not giving correct information about the daily regimen for these oral contraceptives, which cannot give women adequate contraception, thereby pushing them at higher risk for unintended pregnancy as the product (in talks for recall) is an oral contraceptive that is being sold in the market to enable women prevent their pregnancy.
The company has urged all the wholesalers and retail pharmacies in the US, who have been supplied with the contraceptive tablet lots between September 21, 2011 and December 30, 2011, to help the company in its recall of the product.
- New York City Rent Guidelines Board in an Unprecedented Move Votes to Freeze Regulated Rents on One-Year Leases
- According to S&P Dubai Real Estate Prices Likely to Drop Ten to Twenty Percent 2015
- Gains Noted in Southern California Home Sales Marking a Rise in Prices
- Fannie Mae Accused of Discriminating Neighborhoods on the Basis of Races by Fair Housing
- Second Quarter Profits of Business Software Provider SAP Drops Due to Higher Expenditures
- The National Football League’s Revenue Growing Rapidly with $1.3 billion Added Revenue in 2014
- Express with Emojis and You Might be Able to Suggest the Next Emoji to be Included on the Keyboard
- Livetext, the New Yahoo Messenger Debuts in Hong Kong before a Wider Release
- Report from a Security Firm Suggests Decline in Spam Rate and Increase in Malware Creation
- President Obama Planning to Make Changes in US Criminal Justice System
- Documents from 2005 Sex-Assault Lawsuit Should Not Be Unsealed, says Bill Cosby’s Lawyer
- Friend of Boston Bomber Sentenced Two And a Half Years of Imprisonment
- Prison Employee faces Charges of helping 2 Prisoners to Escape
- New York police detective shoots gunman who injured a man