With issues of error in packaging, North American division company of Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd. i. e. Glenmark Generics Inc. has issued an immediate recall over seven lots of contraceptive tablets, all from the US market.
In its announcements, Glenmark Generics Inc. said that it has issued a voluntary, nationwide, consumer-level recall in the entire US market of all the seven lots of oral contraceptive tablets that it has sold in the country including in the lots: Norgestimate and Ethinyl Estradiol tablets USP, 0.18 mg/0.035 mg, 0.215 mg/0.035 mg, 0.25 mg/0.035mg.
The company said that they noticed some packaging errors in few of the selected blisters, which could have reversed the weekly tablet orientation, thereby publishing the lot number and expiry date only on the outer pouch of the tablets.
Following their announcement of the recall, the company has suggested all the people to identify this packaging error (in only the seven lots mentioned) prior making their buy and also they have pointed all those blisters that are not mentioning any lot number and expiry date on their cover as subjected to recall.
Glenmark also cleared in its announcement that the packaging errors could have also resulted in not giving correct information about the daily regimen for these oral contraceptives, which cannot give women adequate contraception, thereby pushing them at higher risk for unintended pregnancy as the product (in talks for recall) is an oral contraceptive that is being sold in the market to enable women prevent their pregnancy.
The company has urged all the wholesalers and retail pharmacies in the US, who have been supplied with the contraceptive tablet lots between September 21, 2011 and December 30, 2011, to help the company in its recall of the product.
- Key Interest Rates Unaltered and Mortgages Get Cheaper
- November Home Sale Prices Moved up in November by 5.3 Percent
- Hyatt’s Malware Attack Affects Properties in India too
- London’s Expensive Property Market Advertises Cheapest Flat for about £75,000
- Slow Down in Housing Market Could be a Drag on Canada’s Economy
- Record Profit for American Airlines in 2015
- Soft Patch for the U.S. Economy in 2015, Q4 with Inventory Stockpile and Slowing Global Demand
- Oil Futures Scale on Hopes of Reduced Supply as Russia Plans to Talk to OPEC Members
- Amazon’s Quarterly Result Misses Expectations; Shares Drop
- Social media to blame for sleep disturbances, study