As per reports, it has been revealed that a Turkish patient, who underwent quadruple limb transplant, has lost his life at Hacettepe University Hospital, Ankara. It was the world’s first quadruple limb transplant, but it could not turn out to be complete success.
There was a team of 200 doctors, who attached two legs and then two arms to Sevket Cavdar. Doctors said that it is quite disheartening to know that they have lost a patient on whom they worked so hard.
The transplant operation continued for 90 hours, but the patient, who was admitted in the intensive care unit after the surgery suffered metabolic imbalance and later died. Professor Murat Tunce, who was also part of the operation team, said "We are in deep sorrow of losing our patient despite the ceaseless efforts of nearly 200 doctors and health personnel for about 90 hours”.
Everything changed in just couple of days as earlier when surgery news was publicized then all the medical fraternity was congratulating the doctors working at Hacettepe University Hospital for their efforts.
Health Minister Recaps Akdag was of the view that he would like to congratulate the team on behalf of all the Turkish people. However, the death news has turned the tables completely.
- New York City Rent Guidelines Board in an Unprecedented Move Votes to Freeze Regulated Rents on One-Year Leases
- According to S&P Dubai Real Estate Prices Likely to Drop Ten to Twenty Percent 2015
- Gains Noted in Southern California Home Sales Marking a Rise in Prices
- Fannie Mae Accused of Discriminating Neighborhoods on the Basis of Races by Fair Housing
- Second Quarter Profits of Business Software Provider SAP Drops Due to Higher Expenditures
- The National Football League’s Revenue Growing Rapidly with $1.3 billion Added Revenue in 2014
- Express with Emojis and You Might be Able to Suggest the Next Emoji to be Included on the Keyboard
- Livetext, the New Yahoo Messenger Debuts in Hong Kong before a Wider Release
- Report from a Security Firm Suggests Decline in Spam Rate and Increase in Malware Creation
- President Obama Planning to Make Changes in US Criminal Justice System
- Documents from 2005 Sex-Assault Lawsuit Should Not Be Unsealed, says Bill Cosby’s Lawyer
- Friend of Boston Bomber Sentenced Two And a Half Years of Imprisonment
- Prison Employee faces Charges of helping 2 Prisoners to Escape
- New York police detective shoots gunman who injured a man