The shortage of drug is being witnessed by many countries. However, it seems like Canada has found a temporary solution to the prevalent shortage of drugs. It has been reported that for time being, Canada would be importing drugs.
The Federal Government has already contacted a number of pharmaceutical companies for the supply of drugs. However, a reply from them is yet to come. It has been informed that many hospices of Canada are lacking essential drugs which are often used during operations.
In the past couple of years, gradual shortage of drugs has been witnessed in the country. The shortage of drugs is occurring due to many reasons, one of the reasons being lack of finance. It has further come to light that a drug manufacturer, Sandoz has stopped producing drugs for the time being.
Sandoz is working towards improving the quality of the drugs so that they could meet the changed manufacturing standards by the US Food and Drug Administration. Dr. Robert Cushman from Health Canada was reported as saying, “People want a collective solution to this. We can work with industry and the purchasers -- the provinces -- in terms of looking at alternative sources of supply... and how can we best bring them into Canada in short order”.
The authorities are hopeful that the alternative drugs would help in overcoming the shortage. It has further come to light that there is shortage of raw supply, which mainly comes from India and China. The number of patients seeking treatment is increasing significantly. But the supply of drug is falling steeply. It is hoped that a solution to the declining supply of drugs would be found soon.
- New York City Rent Guidelines Board in an Unprecedented Move Votes to Freeze Regulated Rents on One-Year Leases
- According to S&P Dubai Real Estate Prices Likely to Drop Ten to Twenty Percent 2015
- Gains Noted in Southern California Home Sales Marking a Rise in Prices
- Fannie Mae Accused of Discriminating Neighborhoods on the Basis of Races by Fair Housing
- Second Quarter Profits of Business Software Provider SAP Drops Due to Higher Expenditures
- The National Football League’s Revenue Growing Rapidly with $1.3 billion Added Revenue in 2014
- Express with Emojis and You Might be Able to Suggest the Next Emoji to be Included on the Keyboard
- Livetext, the New Yahoo Messenger Debuts in Hong Kong before a Wider Release
- Report from a Security Firm Suggests Decline in Spam Rate and Increase in Malware Creation
- President Obama Planning to Make Changes in US Criminal Justice System
- Documents from 2005 Sex-Assault Lawsuit Should Not Be Unsealed, says Bill Cosby’s Lawyer
- Friend of Boston Bomber Sentenced Two And a Half Years of Imprisonment
- Prison Employee faces Charges of helping 2 Prisoners to Escape
- New York police detective shoots gunman who injured a man