It has been recently revealed in a report that despite the major storm that has been created by the social media websites in the world such as Twitter and Facebook; they don’t seem to circulate around too much news. This has been revealed recently in a report by Pew Research Center’s Project for Excellence in Journalism.
This means that despite all the efforts being made by firms for promoting these sites they are actually seldom used for news. People still rely on proper news sites for this. The world has definitely come closer due to these websites, but people are still not reading them for news. They are more used for recreational purposes and for broadcasting one’s views to friends. They however don’t still solve the purpose for a perfect news forum.
“Facebook and Twitter are now pathways to news, but their role may not be as large as some have suggested. The population that uses these networks for news at all is still relatively small, especially the part that does so very often”, revealed the report.
There is need for more efforts to be made by the firms for promoting news better and producing valuable content for people to use the sites for knowledge gain purposes.
- NCPs to be Regulated as Medicines, announces MHRA
- Aspiring Paracyclist from Exeter Suffers from Rare MDP syndrome
- Breast Cancer Screenings should be Provided to Larger Group of Women: Study
- New Zealand needs to do more to lift its game in China: Tim Groser
- Opera by Cherubini Got Recovered by Researchers