Reports from Verizon Wireless are blaming hacktivism behind 58% of total data stolen in the year 2011.
Verizon’s recently issued Verizon 2012 Data Breach Investigations Report has clearly stated in its findings that hacktivism is being doubted to be behind stealing of maximum data. Hacktivists, computer hackers who primarily target companies for one or other political reasons, are being claimed to be supporting these issues.
Next point that was made clear in the Verizon 2012 Data Breach Investigations Report highlighted that the earlier trend where cyber-criminals were stealing data to earn some financial gains, is not the trend of today but the hackers are trying to pose new problems for all those companies which stand important or at a higher position in political world.
“Doubly concerning for many organizations and executives was that target selection by these groups didn’t follow the logical lines of who has money and/or valuable information”, the report notes.
While highlighting facts of the submitted report, it was said that more than half of hacking victims (as have been mentioned in the report) are the big Fortune 2000 companies, who are already well aware of the attack and already know the planners behind same.
- Increase in Number of Unpaid and Young Carers
- New Cancer Drug Compounds Moved Forward to Phase-III Development
- Health Bosses Ensure Staff Vaccination against Measles in Wake of Likely Outbreak
- Bea Arthur’s nude painting sells for $1.9 million at Christie’s auction
- Zoe Saldana seen kissing former Italian footballer Perego