Obesity is not only pertinent for humans, it seems though there is another living creature that has to the same situation going for them. Till date, this was one of the features that brought humans so close to them. Cats are more often termed as adorable when they are downy. Fluffy is a word that has been associated with the cats for a long time. But now it seems it has become a contentious issue regarding their health. The worrisome news is not only about cats but it has been found that there might be six million pets across the country suffering from obesity. This includes cats, dogs, and many other pets.
According to the veterinary charity PDSA, there are over 33% dogs in the country that are overweight, while 25% cats have those extra pounds in them. The situation grows worse as nearly 84% of the owners of these pets have no idea that their fluffy pets are in fact obese and suffering from diabetes and in some pets their paws are racked with arthritis.
When asked, some of the owners just take the situation very gently. One of the owners whose cat weighed one stone five pounds jokingly said, although he is fluffy and lazy, he is also really adorable.
The people have just forgotten that their pets also need a healthy lifestyle. Instead they pamper them with delights as well as luxurious items. The in turn envelopes them into laziness which them vulnerable to diseases like obesity, diabetes. If people can’t maintain their own healthy life style, it is very difficult to expect them to do the same for their pets. There has to be awareness among owner so that they keep an eye on their pet’s health concerns.
- New York City Rent Guidelines Board in an Unprecedented Move Votes to Freeze Regulated Rents on One-Year Leases
- According to S&P Dubai Real Estate Prices Likely to Drop Ten to Twenty Percent 2015
- Gains Noted in Southern California Home Sales Marking a Rise in Prices
- Fannie Mae Accused of Discriminating Neighborhoods on the Basis of Races by Fair Housing
- Second Quarter Profits of Business Software Provider SAP Drops Due to Higher Expenditures
- The National Football League’s Revenue Growing Rapidly with $1.3 billion Added Revenue in 2014
- Express with Emojis and You Might be Able to Suggest the Next Emoji to be Included on the Keyboard
- Livetext, the New Yahoo Messenger Debuts in Hong Kong before a Wider Release
- Report from a Security Firm Suggests Decline in Spam Rate and Increase in Malware Creation
- President Obama Planning to Make Changes in US Criminal Justice System
- Documents from 2005 Sex-Assault Lawsuit Should Not Be Unsealed, says Bill Cosby’s Lawyer
- Friend of Boston Bomber Sentenced Two And a Half Years of Imprisonment
- Prison Employee faces Charges of helping 2 Prisoners to Escape
- New York police detective shoots gunman who injured a man