Cancer, the disease that has turned out to be the biggest cause of worry across the globe, has something that is unpredictable. No one knows who will develop a cure for it and when.
However, there are certain measures that can be deployed to prevent the influence of this disease. Although, genetic factors and environment are major reasons due to which cancer is caused, still one can be cautious to be safe.
According to a team of researchers, 35% of all cancer types can be prevented by being active. They asserted that by being precautionary while choosing a lifestyle can make up with many differences.
Major measures that can be introduced in the lifestyle to help prevent the risk or manage it include proper dietary habits, proper levels of fitness, being active. Inclusion of these measures will not only prevent the body falling victim to cancer, but they will even help prevent the body being prone to other diseases like diabetes, cholesterol etc.
If observed in detail, the measures include: Protection from sun, which can be achieved by limiting the exposure, using hats, sunglasses and wearing lose clothes that cover the whole body. Sun rays contain UV radiations that are supposed to cause skin cancer; hence preventing those radiations can help prevent the disease.
Tobacco, the major contributor to cancer risk, if left, can help reduce the cases of lung cancer, breast cancer, cervical cancer and many other types. Quit tobacco and be safe should be the motto.
The alcohol consumption should even be limited. According to sources, a woman should not have more than one drink a day and in case of men, the limit is up to two drinks max.
The diet is a major factor that leads to a healthy living; one should always go for healthy foods, rather than stuffing junk. This will not only help maintain the body weight but also prevents the body falling victim to many diseases.
- New York City Rent Guidelines Board in an Unprecedented Move Votes to Freeze Regulated Rents on One-Year Leases
- According to S&P Dubai Real Estate Prices Likely to Drop Ten to Twenty Percent 2015
- Gains Noted in Southern California Home Sales Marking a Rise in Prices
- Fannie Mae Accused of Discriminating Neighborhoods on the Basis of Races by Fair Housing
- Second Quarter Profits of Business Software Provider SAP Drops Due to Higher Expenditures
- The National Football League’s Revenue Growing Rapidly with $1.3 billion Added Revenue in 2014
- Express with Emojis and You Might be Able to Suggest the Next Emoji to be Included on the Keyboard
- Livetext, the New Yahoo Messenger Debuts in Hong Kong before a Wider Release
- Report from a Security Firm Suggests Decline in Spam Rate and Increase in Malware Creation
- President Obama Planning to Make Changes in US Criminal Justice System
- Documents from 2005 Sex-Assault Lawsuit Should Not Be Unsealed, says Bill Cosby’s Lawyer
- Friend of Boston Bomber Sentenced Two And a Half Years of Imprisonment
- Prison Employee faces Charges of helping 2 Prisoners to Escape
- New York police detective shoots gunman who injured a man