It has been revealed recently that in the near future, there might be forms of bioweapons being used to give a tough fight to cancer. This will be in the form of using non-pathogenic viruses which might be able to treat a number of cancers in the time to come. This is because there are still many forms of cancer which cannot be treated even with the most modern techniques, because they don’t have a form of treatment, and they have their own limitations.
However this novel mode of treatment which is under development might be able to reach out to those cancer forms which weren’t treatable in the past.
There was a research conducted by Dr. Mark Tangney from the Cancer Research Centre situated at the Mercy Hospital, for making developments in the gene therapy which was initiated in the year 2008.
"This is a major breakthrough in immunotherapy research because we were able to use purified cancer stem cells to generate a vaccine, which strengthened the potency of antibodies and T cells that selectively targeted cancer stem cells”, said Qiao Li, Ph. D., a research Assistant Professor in the department of surgery from the University of Michigan.
It was further added that there is need for more research and development to be done in this regard so that those stem cells of cancer, which are resistant from radiotherapy and even chemotherapy, might be treated effectively with the help of it in the time to come. This needs to be done because there are thousands of patients all over the world, who are suffering from the disease, and looking for an appropriate cure for the same in the time to come. This shall definitely help them.
- New York City Rent Guidelines Board in an Unprecedented Move Votes to Freeze Regulated Rents on One-Year Leases
- According to S&P Dubai Real Estate Prices Likely to Drop Ten to Twenty Percent 2015
- Gains Noted in Southern California Home Sales Marking a Rise in Prices
- Fannie Mae Accused of Discriminating Neighborhoods on the Basis of Races by Fair Housing
- Second Quarter Profits of Business Software Provider SAP Drops Due to Higher Expenditures
- The National Football League’s Revenue Growing Rapidly with $1.3 billion Added Revenue in 2014
- Express with Emojis and You Might be Able to Suggest the Next Emoji to be Included on the Keyboard
- Livetext, the New Yahoo Messenger Debuts in Hong Kong before a Wider Release
- Report from a Security Firm Suggests Decline in Spam Rate and Increase in Malware Creation
- President Obama Planning to Make Changes in US Criminal Justice System
- Documents from 2005 Sex-Assault Lawsuit Should Not Be Unsealed, says Bill Cosby’s Lawyer
- Friend of Boston Bomber Sentenced Two And a Half Years of Imprisonment
- Prison Employee faces Charges of helping 2 Prisoners to Escape
- New York police detective shoots gunman who injured a man