As per a research being taken out by a group of researchers from the University of Sydney, it has been revealed that children who drinks soda drinks in excess are at an increased risk of developing cardiovascular diseases in their later lives.
Arteries present at the back of the eyes start narrowing down, which is the key way to know that children are being affected with the additional intake of fizzy drinks. Lead researcher Bamini Gopinath was of the view that in order to reach at the above given conclusion, they assessed the eyesight of 2,000 children, who aged 12 years.
They found that constriction in the arteries occurs due to excessive intake of soda drinks. Gopinath said that their research is another example to focus on a point that children should take healthy diet. “This is just another piece of evidence to show that fizzy drinks really aren't that good for our children”, said Gopinath.
He further affirmed that it is not the first study, which has talked about the ill effects of having junk food. However, it is the first study, which has focused on a specific fast food item that is fizzy drinks. Many other researches will be needed to raise awareness among people that fizzy drinks are bad for health.
- New York City Rent Guidelines Board in an Unprecedented Move Votes to Freeze Regulated Rents on One-Year Leases
- According to S&P Dubai Real Estate Prices Likely to Drop Ten to Twenty Percent 2015
- Gains Noted in Southern California Home Sales Marking a Rise in Prices
- Fannie Mae Accused of Discriminating Neighborhoods on the Basis of Races by Fair Housing
- Second Quarter Profits of Business Software Provider SAP Drops Due to Higher Expenditures
- The National Football League’s Revenue Growing Rapidly with $1.3 billion Added Revenue in 2014
- Express with Emojis and You Might be Able to Suggest the Next Emoji to be Included on the Keyboard
- Livetext, the New Yahoo Messenger Debuts in Hong Kong before a Wider Release
- Report from a Security Firm Suggests Decline in Spam Rate and Increase in Malware Creation
- President Obama Planning to Make Changes in US Criminal Justice System
- Documents from 2005 Sex-Assault Lawsuit Should Not Be Unsealed, says Bill Cosby’s Lawyer
- Friend of Boston Bomber Sentenced Two And a Half Years of Imprisonment
- Prison Employee faces Charges of helping 2 Prisoners to Escape
- New York police detective shoots gunman who injured a man