There has been a huge outcry after 630 private beds were cut short from the fair deal nursing home. According to some experts, it would create a huge shortage overall as people especially elders would have to wait for longer period for placements.
Tadhg Daly, Chief Executive of the organization has categorically condemned this move, stating that they were really angry with the decision. According to him, the minister for Health, James Reilly had broken his promise and commitments he had made in the budget.
Till date, there have been 130 private nursing home beds that have been cut from the nursing home and each month, till August there would be 100 more slashed. These cutbacks come in the wake of commitment by Health minister that there would be an additional €55 million allotted to the fair deal scheme.
The main motive of this cut was to relive the pressure of funds, as it is expected that €13 million would be saved from it, which would be diverted to other care services aimed at elderly patients experiencing delays in discharge from acute hospitals. But that would not solve the problem, as the vacuum create by the cuts would not be filled by this.
- New York City Rent Guidelines Board in an Unprecedented Move Votes to Freeze Regulated Rents on One-Year Leases
- According to S&P Dubai Real Estate Prices Likely to Drop Ten to Twenty Percent 2015
- Gains Noted in Southern California Home Sales Marking a Rise in Prices
- Fannie Mae Accused of Discriminating Neighborhoods on the Basis of Races by Fair Housing
- Second Quarter Profits of Business Software Provider SAP Drops Due to Higher Expenditures
- The National Football League’s Revenue Growing Rapidly with $1.3 billion Added Revenue in 2014
- Express with Emojis and You Might be Able to Suggest the Next Emoji to be Included on the Keyboard
- Livetext, the New Yahoo Messenger Debuts in Hong Kong before a Wider Release
- Report from a Security Firm Suggests Decline in Spam Rate and Increase in Malware Creation
- President Obama Planning to Make Changes in US Criminal Justice System
- Documents from 2005 Sex-Assault Lawsuit Should Not Be Unsealed, says Bill Cosby’s Lawyer
- Friend of Boston Bomber Sentenced Two And a Half Years of Imprisonment
- Prison Employee faces Charges of helping 2 Prisoners to Escape
- New York police detective shoots gunman who injured a man