In a recent report, it has been claimed that the UK's biggest cash-and-carry wholesaler has managed to achieve record sales of nearly £4 billion. It was further claimed that Booker’s sales were seen moving up by 4.8% in the 12 weeks to March 23.
It was also claimed that Booker's customer numbers increased by 5% to 481,000, while internet sales moved up by 21% to £635m.
“This is a good run. It is nice that we are doing well on both sides of the business”, said Charles Wilson, chief executive, who is of the view that things are going to be fine in the time to come.
It was also claimed that the wholesaler has made significant progress in areas like its fruit and vegetables amid the constraints, which pushed the sales of products such as soft drinks.
The company has 172 branches and even is responsible for supplying nearly half a million businesses including corner shops, pubs and restaurants.
If Matthew McEachran, an analyst at Singer Capital Markets, is to be heard, it was claimed that the full-year sales were about £20 million more than what was being expected.
While Booker managed to perform good in the final quarter of its financial year, it would be worth seeing how it moves ahead.
- New York City Rent Guidelines Board in an Unprecedented Move Votes to Freeze Regulated Rents on One-Year Leases
- According to S&P Dubai Real Estate Prices Likely to Drop Ten to Twenty Percent 2015
- Gains Noted in Southern California Home Sales Marking a Rise in Prices
- Fannie Mae Accused of Discriminating Neighborhoods on the Basis of Races by Fair Housing
- Second Quarter Profits of Business Software Provider SAP Drops Due to Higher Expenditures
- The National Football League’s Revenue Growing Rapidly with $1.3 billion Added Revenue in 2014
- Express with Emojis and You Might be Able to Suggest the Next Emoji to be Included on the Keyboard
- Livetext, the New Yahoo Messenger Debuts in Hong Kong before a Wider Release
- Report from a Security Firm Suggests Decline in Spam Rate and Increase in Malware Creation
- President Obama Planning to Make Changes in US Criminal Justice System
- Documents from 2005 Sex-Assault Lawsuit Should Not Be Unsealed, says Bill Cosby’s Lawyer
- Friend of Boston Bomber Sentenced Two And a Half Years of Imprisonment
- Prison Employee faces Charges of helping 2 Prisoners to Escape
- New York police detective shoots gunman who injured a man