A report has uncovered lately that the HSE’s struggle to stay within the annual budget of €2.02bn has increased the risk of patients to suffer cuts in their health care.
The latest performance monitoring report taken out by the health service has shown that the situation being faced to struggle within budgets is the combined result of planned expenditure this year and outstanding deficits from the year 2011.
The data by the service has been acting as a warning for the frontline services that they could face threat. It is being said that the cutbacks in budget of hospitals is a challenge for them to bring the expenditure back into place with allocation of funding.
It has been found that hospital has overspent a total of €49m in the first two months of this year along with a sum of €29.3m spent over community services. In order to find out the reason for financial problems being faced by hospitals, a review had been conducted by Irish Patients’ Association, the report finds.
It was found by the analysts that the imposition of health service allocation cuts in the last budget, even after seeing demand on frontline services, by Finance Minister Michael Noonan was the main reason behind the same.
Also, some other issues that created such a situation included increase in the count of people quitting insurance coverage and private patient income collection remaining behind schedule nearly by 12%.
Discovering that hospitals are still at risks of facing difficulty in breaking and maintaining service levels, the team has told that cost savings plans must be introduced soon, which would possibly bring improvements in service levels, if focused properly. "Obviously this matter is of concern. If this level of overspend is to continue for the first half of the year there will be very severe cutbacks for the second half of the year", said Chairman Stephen McMahon.
- New York City Rent Guidelines Board in an Unprecedented Move Votes to Freeze Regulated Rents on One-Year Leases
- According to S&P Dubai Real Estate Prices Likely to Drop Ten to Twenty Percent 2015
- Gains Noted in Southern California Home Sales Marking a Rise in Prices
- Fannie Mae Accused of Discriminating Neighborhoods on the Basis of Races by Fair Housing
- Second Quarter Profits of Business Software Provider SAP Drops Due to Higher Expenditures
- The National Football League’s Revenue Growing Rapidly with $1.3 billion Added Revenue in 2014
- Express with Emojis and You Might be Able to Suggest the Next Emoji to be Included on the Keyboard
- Livetext, the New Yahoo Messenger Debuts in Hong Kong before a Wider Release
- Report from a Security Firm Suggests Decline in Spam Rate and Increase in Malware Creation
- President Obama Planning to Make Changes in US Criminal Justice System
- Documents from 2005 Sex-Assault Lawsuit Should Not Be Unsealed, says Bill Cosby’s Lawyer
- Friend of Boston Bomber Sentenced Two And a Half Years of Imprisonment
- Prison Employee faces Charges of helping 2 Prisoners to Escape
- New York police detective shoots gunman who injured a man