It has been recently revealed in a report that the Victorian nurses have now planned to increase their industrial action regarding the long going dispute about their salaries with the authorities. They have long tried to keep is calm and try and solve out issues between them and the authorities, but there has been no result seen out of it. This is why they shall now put in efforts to increase industrial action against the authorities to get their demands fulfilled.
They have planned to go for two hour work hat, that too twice a day, in hospitals across Victoria. For the same, clinical support staff, mental health physicians and psychiatric nurses have joined hands.
This type of work halt is planned for the next 23 days to come. The stat government hasn’t been able to give solutions to their problems since the past 7 months and this is why the staff has now resorted to measures like these.
It was revealed by the Health and Community Services Union State Secretary Lloyd Williams that they have no option left, but to continue this industrial action. This is because there is need for efforts to be made towards making the government realize the suffering of the staff.
"We have been forced into this position because the government is not interested in mental health or having real negotiations with workers. Our members don't take industrial action lightly and we stress patient safety will remain our number one priority during these stoppages”, said Williams
It remains to be seen what the government has to say to this enhanced action and whether it shall make any positive changes for helping the staff. There might have to be problems borne by the patients due to this industrial action.
- New York City Rent Guidelines Board in an Unprecedented Move Votes to Freeze Regulated Rents on One-Year Leases
- According to S&P Dubai Real Estate Prices Likely to Drop Ten to Twenty Percent 2015
- Gains Noted in Southern California Home Sales Marking a Rise in Prices
- Fannie Mae Accused of Discriminating Neighborhoods on the Basis of Races by Fair Housing
- Second Quarter Profits of Business Software Provider SAP Drops Due to Higher Expenditures
- The National Football League’s Revenue Growing Rapidly with $1.3 billion Added Revenue in 2014
- Express with Emojis and You Might be Able to Suggest the Next Emoji to be Included on the Keyboard
- Livetext, the New Yahoo Messenger Debuts in Hong Kong before a Wider Release
- Report from a Security Firm Suggests Decline in Spam Rate and Increase in Malware Creation
- President Obama Planning to Make Changes in US Criminal Justice System
- Documents from 2005 Sex-Assault Lawsuit Should Not Be Unsealed, says Bill Cosby’s Lawyer
- Friend of Boston Bomber Sentenced Two And a Half Years of Imprisonment
- Prison Employee faces Charges of helping 2 Prisoners to Escape
- New York police detective shoots gunman who injured a man