Nearly $48 million have been pledged by Premier Christy Clark to fund the new mental-health facility at Vancouver General Hospital (VGH). The overall cost of the building would be $73 million. The new building would replace the old current building, which has been in service of nearly seven decades and would be demolished.
According to Clark, the estimated time to finish the new building is three years and the process would start once the plans are finalized in the later part of this year. She also added that it is a very positive step and with the coming of this new facility, there would be reductions in the cost undertaken by the patients by combining the services provide to in-patient as well as out-patients.
It would also enable better care to patients and their families and a healthy environment for those with mental illness. With the help of outstanding team of professionals, the care services would also get the much needed boost.
This project has delayed for a long time, due to which, the government has been criticized a lot. Last year, Joseph Segal donated money for the project, after he was hospitalized at VGH following a stroke. Although three years is long, it is a step in a positive direction.
- New York City Rent Guidelines Board in an Unprecedented Move Votes to Freeze Regulated Rents on One-Year Leases
- According to S&P Dubai Real Estate Prices Likely to Drop Ten to Twenty Percent 2015
- Gains Noted in Southern California Home Sales Marking a Rise in Prices
- Fannie Mae Accused of Discriminating Neighborhoods on the Basis of Races by Fair Housing
- Second Quarter Profits of Business Software Provider SAP Drops Due to Higher Expenditures
- The National Football League’s Revenue Growing Rapidly with $1.3 billion Added Revenue in 2014
- Express with Emojis and You Might be Able to Suggest the Next Emoji to be Included on the Keyboard
- Livetext, the New Yahoo Messenger Debuts in Hong Kong before a Wider Release
- Report from a Security Firm Suggests Decline in Spam Rate and Increase in Malware Creation
- President Obama Planning to Make Changes in US Criminal Justice System
- Documents from 2005 Sex-Assault Lawsuit Should Not Be Unsealed, says Bill Cosby’s Lawyer
- Friend of Boston Bomber Sentenced Two And a Half Years of Imprisonment
- Prison Employee faces Charges of helping 2 Prisoners to Escape
- New York police detective shoots gunman who injured a man