His determination to help cancer sufferers has led him surpass age barrier. Mal Hand will turn 75, at the time when he will take part in the 200km Ride to Conquer Cancer in August.
In order to take part in the ride, he has to raise $2500 and that too by the first week of August. Hand said that in order to raise the desired amount, he has been mowing gardens. He needs to mow 70 gardens to raise $2500, which he has to deposit by the first week of August.
Hand said that his father lost his life due to cancer, and since then, he wanted to do something constructive for others, so they do not have to lose their lives or near and dear ones.
The amount that will be raised in a two day cycling event will go directly to the Queensland Institute of Medical Research. PR Manager Brian Lowe said that research is going on to know probable causes of 13 different cancers, like skin, brain, colorectal and breast cancer.
The raised money will help the research to a great extent. "The ride is a complete journey from start to finish and the results stretch far beyond the event itself and the funds raised", said Lowe.
- New York City Rent Guidelines Board in an Unprecedented Move Votes to Freeze Regulated Rents on One-Year Leases
- According to S&P Dubai Real Estate Prices Likely to Drop Ten to Twenty Percent 2015
- Gains Noted in Southern California Home Sales Marking a Rise in Prices
- Fannie Mae Accused of Discriminating Neighborhoods on the Basis of Races by Fair Housing
- Second Quarter Profits of Business Software Provider SAP Drops Due to Higher Expenditures
- The National Football League’s Revenue Growing Rapidly with $1.3 billion Added Revenue in 2014
- Express with Emojis and You Might be Able to Suggest the Next Emoji to be Included on the Keyboard
- Livetext, the New Yahoo Messenger Debuts in Hong Kong before a Wider Release
- Report from a Security Firm Suggests Decline in Spam Rate and Increase in Malware Creation
- President Obama Planning to Make Changes in US Criminal Justice System
- Documents from 2005 Sex-Assault Lawsuit Should Not Be Unsealed, says Bill Cosby’s Lawyer
- Friend of Boston Bomber Sentenced Two And a Half Years of Imprisonment
- Prison Employee faces Charges of helping 2 Prisoners to Escape
- New York police detective shoots gunman who injured a man