As per recent findings, it has been reported that a medical practitioner at a Bishan clinic has been found guilty of misconduct. It has been discovered that the GP has been accused of 10 charges, and hence has been suspended for four months and charged a fine of $5,000.
It has been discovered that the GP, Dr Kwan Wai Chee, 43, had been employed at the Bishan Grace Clinic located at Block 150, Bishan Street 11. It has been illustrated that the doctor had been unable to provide the patients with proper care, moreover, it has been termed that she was irresponsible.
The case came into light after a complaint was lodged against her on December 22, 2008, by the Ministry of Health to Singapore Medical Council (SMC). After the notification of the case, it was put forward to a Disciplinary Committee (DC), which carried out an inquiry into the matter on March.
During the investigations, it was discovered that the major concern recovered was after acknowledging that the doctor was prescribing her patients, suffering from hypnosis and cough, with syrups and mixtures that contained codeine.
Codeine is an opiate drug, which has been used since years to relieve pain and coughing, but the recent studies have concluded that the drug should not be prescribed and avoided as much as possible to its side-effects. Moreover, if a patient gets addicted, then the results can even be devastating.
Moreover, it has been illustrated that the doctor did not warn her patients of the side-effects that can be encountered after taking the drug. After almost a month’s investigation, the DC ordered the suspension of the doctor and also fined her.
However, it has been recovered that Dr. Kwan has pleaded guilty of the 10 charges imposed on her.
- Key Interest Rates Unaltered and Mortgages Get Cheaper
- November Home Sale Prices Moved up in November by 5.3 Percent
- Hyatt’s Malware Attack Affects Properties in India too
- London’s Expensive Property Market Advertises Cheapest Flat for about £75,000
- Slow Down in Housing Market Could be a Drag on Canada’s Economy
- Record Profit for American Airlines in 2015
- Soft Patch for the U.S. Economy in 2015, Q4 with Inventory Stockpile and Slowing Global Demand
- Oil Futures Scale on Hopes of Reduced Supply as Russia Plans to Talk to OPEC Members
- Amazon’s Quarterly Result Misses Expectations; Shares Drop
- Social media to blame for sleep disturbances, study