As per recent findings, it has been reported that a medical practitioner at a Bishan clinic has been found guilty of misconduct. It has been discovered that the GP has been accused of 10 charges, and hence has been suspended for four months and charged a fine of $5,000.
It has been discovered that the GP, Dr Kwan Wai Chee, 43, had been employed at the Bishan Grace Clinic located at Block 150, Bishan Street 11. It has been illustrated that the doctor had been unable to provide the patients with proper care, moreover, it has been termed that she was irresponsible.
The case came into light after a complaint was lodged against her on December 22, 2008, by the Ministry of Health to Singapore Medical Council (SMC). After the notification of the case, it was put forward to a Disciplinary Committee (DC), which carried out an inquiry into the matter on March.
During the investigations, it was discovered that the major concern recovered was after acknowledging that the doctor was prescribing her patients, suffering from hypnosis and cough, with syrups and mixtures that contained codeine.
Codeine is an opiate drug, which has been used since years to relieve pain and coughing, but the recent studies have concluded that the drug should not be prescribed and avoided as much as possible to its side-effects. Moreover, if a patient gets addicted, then the results can even be devastating.
Moreover, it has been illustrated that the doctor did not warn her patients of the side-effects that can be encountered after taking the drug. After almost a month’s investigation, the DC ordered the suspension of the doctor and also fined her.
However, it has been recovered that Dr. Kwan has pleaded guilty of the 10 charges imposed on her.
- New York City Rent Guidelines Board in an Unprecedented Move Votes to Freeze Regulated Rents on One-Year Leases
- According to S&P Dubai Real Estate Prices Likely to Drop Ten to Twenty Percent 2015
- Gains Noted in Southern California Home Sales Marking a Rise in Prices
- Fannie Mae Accused of Discriminating Neighborhoods on the Basis of Races by Fair Housing
- Second Quarter Profits of Business Software Provider SAP Drops Due to Higher Expenditures
- The National Football League’s Revenue Growing Rapidly with $1.3 billion Added Revenue in 2014
- Express with Emojis and You Might be Able to Suggest the Next Emoji to be Included on the Keyboard
- Livetext, the New Yahoo Messenger Debuts in Hong Kong before a Wider Release
- Report from a Security Firm Suggests Decline in Spam Rate and Increase in Malware Creation
- President Obama Planning to Make Changes in US Criminal Justice System
- Documents from 2005 Sex-Assault Lawsuit Should Not Be Unsealed, says Bill Cosby’s Lawyer
- Friend of Boston Bomber Sentenced Two And a Half Years of Imprisonment
- Prison Employee faces Charges of helping 2 Prisoners to Escape
- New York police detective shoots gunman who injured a man