As found by the NSW Department of Primary Industries (DPI), there seems to be an outbreak of pigeon paramyxovirus disease in western Sydney. A private owner has been recently diagnosed with strange symptoms and the department feels this to be a pigeon virus.
In this regard, all the pigeon owners are being warned by the government to take extra precautions so that further spread of this disease could be immediately barred.
Though, this disease is not risky for humans but it could cause lethal affects to birds. As told by one of the spokesman of DPI, “It is not related to avian influenza and doesn't pose any threat to human health”.
All residents are requested to get their birds immediately admitted to the concerned clinics if they found any of them suffering from the following symptoms: Augmented thirst, Diarrhea, less eager to eat normal diet, lack of enthusiasm for moving and flying, wavering of the wings and head, unable to land safely, biased paralysis of the wings and legs and head flipping before death.
Recently, a new pigeon has been introduced into the group of pigeons in western Sydney. This pigeon has been brought from Victoria, where numerous cases of this virus both in domestic and feral pigeons have been recorded earlier. Therefore it seems to be transmitted from there only.
- New York City Rent Guidelines Board in an Unprecedented Move Votes to Freeze Regulated Rents on One-Year Leases
- According to S&P Dubai Real Estate Prices Likely to Drop Ten to Twenty Percent 2015
- Gains Noted in Southern California Home Sales Marking a Rise in Prices
- Fannie Mae Accused of Discriminating Neighborhoods on the Basis of Races by Fair Housing
- Second Quarter Profits of Business Software Provider SAP Drops Due to Higher Expenditures
- The National Football League’s Revenue Growing Rapidly with $1.3 billion Added Revenue in 2014
- Express with Emojis and You Might be Able to Suggest the Next Emoji to be Included on the Keyboard
- Livetext, the New Yahoo Messenger Debuts in Hong Kong before a Wider Release
- Report from a Security Firm Suggests Decline in Spam Rate and Increase in Malware Creation
- President Obama Planning to Make Changes in US Criminal Justice System
- Documents from 2005 Sex-Assault Lawsuit Should Not Be Unsealed, says Bill Cosby’s Lawyer
- Friend of Boston Bomber Sentenced Two And a Half Years of Imprisonment
- Prison Employee faces Charges of helping 2 Prisoners to Escape
- New York police detective shoots gunman who injured a man