As per recent reports, it has been subjected that a Mastic girl, who stumbled after choking due to a chip, has been successfully operated and assisted with a defibrillator, an electric machine that administers a controlled electric shock to stabilize any irregular heartbeats.
Alana Kiceina was operated at The Mount Sinai Hospital in Manhattan on Thursday, which started at 2 p. m. and took 90 minutes. However, it has been asserted by hospital officials that the operation went successful and the girl is out of danger now.
It has been stated that the incident happened last Wednesday, when the girl was chasing her dog in front lawn of her home and was at the same time eating tortilla chips. However, a chip choked and she collapsed there itself. It has been asserted that the girl went into cardiac arrest, due to which she was immediately rushed to Stony Brook Long Island Children's Hospital.
It was discovered that when the girl was shifted to children's hospital, she was in critical condition, however, after a few days there was an upgrade in her condition and on Tuesday, she was shifted to Manhattan hospital for the surgery.
Alana's father stated that the doctors affirmed that the collapse was not only due to choking of chip, but even other factors, so they assisted her with defibrillator.
- New York City Rent Guidelines Board in an Unprecedented Move Votes to Freeze Regulated Rents on One-Year Leases
- According to S&P Dubai Real Estate Prices Likely to Drop Ten to Twenty Percent 2015
- Gains Noted in Southern California Home Sales Marking a Rise in Prices
- Fannie Mae Accused of Discriminating Neighborhoods on the Basis of Races by Fair Housing
- Second Quarter Profits of Business Software Provider SAP Drops Due to Higher Expenditures
- The National Football League’s Revenue Growing Rapidly with $1.3 billion Added Revenue in 2014
- Express with Emojis and You Might be Able to Suggest the Next Emoji to be Included on the Keyboard
- Livetext, the New Yahoo Messenger Debuts in Hong Kong before a Wider Release
- Report from a Security Firm Suggests Decline in Spam Rate and Increase in Malware Creation
- President Obama Planning to Make Changes in US Criminal Justice System
- Documents from 2005 Sex-Assault Lawsuit Should Not Be Unsealed, says Bill Cosby’s Lawyer
- Friend of Boston Bomber Sentenced Two And a Half Years of Imprisonment
- Prison Employee faces Charges of helping 2 Prisoners to Escape
- New York police detective shoots gunman who injured a man