It has been revealed in a recent report that with the use of an all new anti-blindness mode of treatment, the NHS might soon be able to save a lot of money. Avastin is the name of the drug and it is a cost effective mode of treatment that can help people in staving off the risk of the disease in the time to come. This might be able to save about £84m a year for the NHS.
For now the drug Lucentis is being used by the NHS for preventing blindness in people, and this costs £700 per shot which is must costlier than the £60 per shot. This is why there is need for a more ideal mode of treatment to be developed for the prevention of blindness in the time to come.
This shall work for the benefit of the patients as well as the NHS. There is need for efforts to be made for the effective cost cutting as well as treating the disease effectively.
“The trials cannot provide definitive safety information and the overall question of the safety of Avastin is, unfortunately, not answered to everyone’s satisfaction by these trials”, said a spokesman for the Macular Disease Society.
- New York City Rent Guidelines Board in an Unprecedented Move Votes to Freeze Regulated Rents on One-Year Leases
- According to S&P Dubai Real Estate Prices Likely to Drop Ten to Twenty Percent 2015
- Gains Noted in Southern California Home Sales Marking a Rise in Prices
- Fannie Mae Accused of Discriminating Neighborhoods on the Basis of Races by Fair Housing
- Second Quarter Profits of Business Software Provider SAP Drops Due to Higher Expenditures
- The National Football League’s Revenue Growing Rapidly with $1.3 billion Added Revenue in 2014
- Express with Emojis and You Might be Able to Suggest the Next Emoji to be Included on the Keyboard
- Livetext, the New Yahoo Messenger Debuts in Hong Kong before a Wider Release
- Report from a Security Firm Suggests Decline in Spam Rate and Increase in Malware Creation
- President Obama Planning to Make Changes in US Criminal Justice System
- Documents from 2005 Sex-Assault Lawsuit Should Not Be Unsealed, says Bill Cosby’s Lawyer
- Friend of Boston Bomber Sentenced Two And a Half Years of Imprisonment
- Prison Employee faces Charges of helping 2 Prisoners to Escape
- New York police detective shoots gunman who injured a man