It is not the first time that the Nebraska Medical Center has been contacted for the surgery of an animal. This time, it is a 27-year-old silverback gorilla, named Motuba. Omaha's Henry Doorly Zoo could not perform the jaw surgery, so they contacted the hospital.
Doug Armstrong, who is director of animal health at Omaha's Henry Doorly Zoo, said that Motuba had a fight with other gorilla on Thursday night and got injured. It had a fight with a younger gorilla, and it is quite common among male gorillas to have a fight among each other. "It's just the nature of male gorillas that you have conflicts", said Armstrong.
Through CT scan of Motuba's jaw, it was found that its jaw has been fractured. Due to it, a piece of Motuba's jaw was taken out as well as some of its teeth. Armstrong said that if this would have been the case of a human, then doctor could have re-fixed his teeth or would have wired his jaw. But such kind of thing was not possible with Motuba.
Motuba will not be back in zoo for some time now, as zoo authorities want to see other inmates' reaction for Motuba's return.
- New York City Rent Guidelines Board in an Unprecedented Move Votes to Freeze Regulated Rents on One-Year Leases
- According to S&P Dubai Real Estate Prices Likely to Drop Ten to Twenty Percent 2015
- Gains Noted in Southern California Home Sales Marking a Rise in Prices
- Fannie Mae Accused of Discriminating Neighborhoods on the Basis of Races by Fair Housing
- Second Quarter Profits of Business Software Provider SAP Drops Due to Higher Expenditures
- The National Football League’s Revenue Growing Rapidly with $1.3 billion Added Revenue in 2014
- Express with Emojis and You Might be Able to Suggest the Next Emoji to be Included on the Keyboard
- Livetext, the New Yahoo Messenger Debuts in Hong Kong before a Wider Release
- Report from a Security Firm Suggests Decline in Spam Rate and Increase in Malware Creation
- President Obama Planning to Make Changes in US Criminal Justice System
- Documents from 2005 Sex-Assault Lawsuit Should Not Be Unsealed, says Bill Cosby’s Lawyer
- Friend of Boston Bomber Sentenced Two And a Half Years of Imprisonment
- Prison Employee faces Charges of helping 2 Prisoners to Escape
- New York police detective shoots gunman who injured a man