Abu Dhabi Media and BSkyB joint venture Sky News Arabia kicked off with 24-hour Arabic news channel.
Based in Abu Dhabi, Sky News Arabia will compete with Al-Jazeera and Dubai based Al-Arabiya.
Sky News Arabia Chairman Sultan Ahmed al-Jaber said that the region needs more coverage and with rising number of subscribers in the region, the timing to launch a new channel seems perfect.
Qatar based Al-Jazeera has been very popular in the region. Sky News Arabia will be covering the stories in the region with 12 bureau offices and editorial staff of 400. With technical expertise and innovative ideas of BskyB, Sky News Arabia will offer tough competition to Arabic channels.
- Scientists may use Vitamin C in TB Treatment to Kill Tuberculosis Bacteria
- Jolie’s Revelation of Undergoing Double Mastectomy Creates Needless Panic among Women
- India and UK Sign MOU on Cooperation in the Field Of Health Sector
- Examining Exoplanets, their Surfaces and their Atmosphere
- Poison is Suspected for Sea Lions Deaths found in Peru