HIV Pre-Schooler Expelled From Child Care Center
In a most atrocious move, a Whangarei childcare centre has expelled a four year old boy, on the grounds that he is HIV. This has sparked a lot of controversy and is being termed as medieval witch-hunt. The NZ Aids Foundation director Shaun Robinson has taken up the issue. He said, "We had sent a doctor from our own staff and an Auckland pediatrician to Whangarei to tell the management there was no risk to other children but the officials there had closed minds and were not interested".
The situation for the family of the boy is so worse that his two siblings were not even spared as the childcare centre parents had raised the HIV positive issue. However the two are not HIV positive, about 20 parents turned up at the meeting and harangued staff of the childcare center to the point that the principal became concerned about the safety of the boy's siblings.
It is a proven fact that HIV cannot be transmitted through children playing together, touching each other or hugging. But this dreadful move has shown that no matter how much society becomes modern there are still elements involved that have the thinking of medieval times
New Zealand News
- Cambodian casino operator NagaCorp all set to partially reopen flagship Phnom Penh gaming venue
- Bridge Investment ordered to stop work on Tinian Casino project due to lack of permits
- Philippines government warns public not to patronize illegal online gambling operations
- Eldorado Resorts’ capital raising plans could be catalyst to finalize $17.3bn Caesars deal
- BetConstruct obtains license to offer Sportsbook and Casino products in Swedish market