U. S. Food and Drug Administration has approved the blood-thinning drug Plavix to be available in generic versions in pharmacies, a report has revealed.
The application for the drug’s, with generic name clopidogrel, generic application was given by Pittsburgh-based Mylan Pharmaceuticals at first. According to the same, it will be the only one to sell the generic version in the market.
The drug is meant for those who either have a heart disease or have a family history of strokes and heart disease and want to avoid clotting problems and further risks.
It has been found that the drug was previously marketed by Sanofi-Aventis in collaboration with Bristol-Myers Squibb. A total of $6.7 billion for the last year has been made by its US sales, as per the findings.
The FDA has set different levels of dosage of the drug to be supplied by different pharmaceutical companies. It is being said that Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories, Gate Pharmaceuticals and Mylan along with Teva Pharmaceuticals would sell 300-milligram tablets of clopidogrel. And Aurobindo Pharma, Mylan, Roxane Laboratories, Teva and some others would sell the 75-milligram dosage.
- New York City Rent Guidelines Board in an Unprecedented Move Votes to Freeze Regulated Rents on One-Year Leases
- According to S&P Dubai Real Estate Prices Likely to Drop Ten to Twenty Percent 2015
- Gains Noted in Southern California Home Sales Marking a Rise in Prices
- Fannie Mae Accused of Discriminating Neighborhoods on the Basis of Races by Fair Housing
- Second Quarter Profits of Business Software Provider SAP Drops Due to Higher Expenditures
- The National Football League’s Revenue Growing Rapidly with $1.3 billion Added Revenue in 2014
- Express with Emojis and You Might be Able to Suggest the Next Emoji to be Included on the Keyboard
- Livetext, the New Yahoo Messenger Debuts in Hong Kong before a Wider Release
- Report from a Security Firm Suggests Decline in Spam Rate and Increase in Malware Creation
- President Obama Planning to Make Changes in US Criminal Justice System
- Documents from 2005 Sex-Assault Lawsuit Should Not Be Unsealed, says Bill Cosby’s Lawyer
- Friend of Boston Bomber Sentenced Two And a Half Years of Imprisonment
- Prison Employee faces Charges of helping 2 Prisoners to Escape
- New York police detective shoots gunman who injured a man