It is often said that cherish and delight that a parent goes through cannot be matched by anything else. Although parents have an added load of responsibility over their shoulders and studies have shown it sometimes become unnerving, the happiness that also comes with it is worth everything. A recent study from the University of British Columbia has claimed the same stating that parents experience greater happiness and meaning in life than non-parents.
The study was conducted by psychologists in three different stages. They tested whether parents were happier overall than their childless peers, if parents feel better on a moment-to-moment basis and whether they experience more positive feelings when taking care of children than when doing other daily activities.
The Co-author of the study Elizabeth Dunn said, “This series of studies suggest that parents are not nearly the miserable creatures we might expect from recent studies and popular representations”. This study also contradicts other studies that have been conducted earlier that stated that parenting leads to reduced well-being. It focuses more importantly on some crucial factors like age and marital status. The researchers found that if a person is older and married then they are likely to be happier if they have children than their childless peers.
- New York City Rent Guidelines Board in an Unprecedented Move Votes to Freeze Regulated Rents on One-Year Leases
- According to S&P Dubai Real Estate Prices Likely to Drop Ten to Twenty Percent 2015
- Gains Noted in Southern California Home Sales Marking a Rise in Prices
- Fannie Mae Accused of Discriminating Neighborhoods on the Basis of Races by Fair Housing
- Second Quarter Profits of Business Software Provider SAP Drops Due to Higher Expenditures
- The National Football League’s Revenue Growing Rapidly with $1.3 billion Added Revenue in 2014
- Express with Emojis and You Might be Able to Suggest the Next Emoji to be Included on the Keyboard
- Livetext, the New Yahoo Messenger Debuts in Hong Kong before a Wider Release
- Report from a Security Firm Suggests Decline in Spam Rate and Increase in Malware Creation
- President Obama Planning to Make Changes in US Criminal Justice System
- Documents from 2005 Sex-Assault Lawsuit Should Not Be Unsealed, says Bill Cosby’s Lawyer
- Friend of Boston Bomber Sentenced Two And a Half Years of Imprisonment
- Prison Employee faces Charges of helping 2 Prisoners to Escape
- New York police detective shoots gunman who injured a man