A new research has warned that today’s younger generation is at a great risk of being affected by screen addiction. It has been administered that most of the children today, spend majority of their time either playing games on computer or watching television.
The study illustrates that even in an average house in UK, children aged between 10 and 11 years have an access to almost five screens. And the average time calculated spent on these screens accounts for approximately 6.1 hours a day and these figures are estimated to be on a rise.
Rather, it is being suggested that a child born today, till the time they reach the age of seven years, it is being estimated that they will be spending the full one year watching screen media.
Researcher Dr. Arik Sigman recommends that the children of today spend most of their times watching screen media and the day is not far, when these kids will be addicted to the screens.
He said, “Looking at screens produce brain chemical changes, particularly a chemical called dopamine. It's a reward chemical; it makes you feel good when you do something you like”.
He emphasized that if this chemical is produced in excess day after day, majorly during developmental y then it could have drastic effects on children.
- New York City Rent Guidelines Board in an Unprecedented Move Votes to Freeze Regulated Rents on One-Year Leases
- According to S&P Dubai Real Estate Prices Likely to Drop Ten to Twenty Percent 2015
- Gains Noted in Southern California Home Sales Marking a Rise in Prices
- Fannie Mae Accused of Discriminating Neighborhoods on the Basis of Races by Fair Housing
- Second Quarter Profits of Business Software Provider SAP Drops Due to Higher Expenditures
- The National Football League’s Revenue Growing Rapidly with $1.3 billion Added Revenue in 2014
- Express with Emojis and You Might be Able to Suggest the Next Emoji to be Included on the Keyboard
- Livetext, the New Yahoo Messenger Debuts in Hong Kong before a Wider Release
- Report from a Security Firm Suggests Decline in Spam Rate and Increase in Malware Creation
- President Obama Planning to Make Changes in US Criminal Justice System
- Documents from 2005 Sex-Assault Lawsuit Should Not Be Unsealed, says Bill Cosby’s Lawyer
- Friend of Boston Bomber Sentenced Two And a Half Years of Imprisonment
- Prison Employee faces Charges of helping 2 Prisoners to Escape
- New York police detective shoots gunman who injured a man