It has been unfolded in a latest report that MPs have been urging the UK Government to aid the Global Fund with more money.
According to the report, the MPs say that the Fund has approved the funding worth £14.1bn nearly in 150 countries. It is being said that of the total funding, almost 65% is invested for the fight against malaria and TB, while a 21% share is used for fighting AIDS.
The Global Fund is aimed at collecting money for supporting patients of these illnesses, says the report. Also, a part is also invested for research into the same.
While ministers in the UK had previously also been requested to donate more money to the Fund, they did not do so. It has been found that they doubted the Fund as it was charged of being a fraud and a change of leadership.
However, it has now been announced by ministers that if the Fund's reform programme goes successfully, it would be funded by them. The government has promised an amount of £384m by 2015.
On the contrary, the committee chair, the Liberal Democrat MP Malcolm Bruce opposes the delay saying, "We strongly urge the Department for International Development to do all possible to commit funds earlier than 2013”.
- New York City Rent Guidelines Board in an Unprecedented Move Votes to Freeze Regulated Rents on One-Year Leases
- According to S&P Dubai Real Estate Prices Likely to Drop Ten to Twenty Percent 2015
- Gains Noted in Southern California Home Sales Marking a Rise in Prices
- Fannie Mae Accused of Discriminating Neighborhoods on the Basis of Races by Fair Housing
- Second Quarter Profits of Business Software Provider SAP Drops Due to Higher Expenditures
- The National Football League’s Revenue Growing Rapidly with $1.3 billion Added Revenue in 2014
- Express with Emojis and You Might be Able to Suggest the Next Emoji to be Included on the Keyboard
- Livetext, the New Yahoo Messenger Debuts in Hong Kong before a Wider Release
- Report from a Security Firm Suggests Decline in Spam Rate and Increase in Malware Creation
- President Obama Planning to Make Changes in US Criminal Justice System
- Documents from 2005 Sex-Assault Lawsuit Should Not Be Unsealed, says Bill Cosby’s Lawyer
- Friend of Boston Bomber Sentenced Two And a Half Years of Imprisonment
- Prison Employee faces Charges of helping 2 Prisoners to Escape
- New York police detective shoots gunman who injured a man