While there are different social network sites, including Facebook and Google's Google+, why should Microsoft lag behind?
Recent reports suggest that the company has launched So. cl, which has been termed to be a social site, where people can share information and also their interests. Nevertheless, Microsoft has already claimed that their site will turn out to be a potential competitor for all social networking sites, especially Facebook.
The company has claimed that the site is a part of experimental research project, which lays emphasis on younger generation and their social skills and its learning.
It has been reported that the site was initially lunched late last year to be used only by students of selected colleges and universities. However, without any notice, the company made it available publically as a part of public beta test period, last week.
It has been asserted that the site So. cl has been assisted with a feature termed bookmarklet, which is subjected to be similar to like on Facebook. Using the feature, users can share interesting sites or pages with others. They can also comment or tag other user's posts. So. cl also allows its users to incorporate videos, while chatting with others, using its video party feature.
- Patients in Rural, Regional Hospitals More Likely to die than in Metropolitan Facilities
- Doctors, Nurses Calls for Victorian Govt to Fund Expansion of Royal Children's Hospital
- Researchers to Conduct a Trial for Dementia Treatment
- Apprentice Winner Confesses Testicular Cancer Combat
- Man in Vegetative State Should not be Revived if his Condition Worsens, Rules Judge