As per findings of a new study from Canada, it has been suggested that obesity during pregnancy can be looked over as a major factor to acknowledge whether the new born baby will be normal, underweight or overweight.
It has been revealed that women, who gained more weight during pregnancy, were proposed to give birth to large babies, which in turn was subjected to develop health problems for both the baby and the mother.
It has been described that all those babies, who weigh nine pounds or more are considered in the category of large babies.
However, after measuring the weight of pregnant women, researchers of the study said, "They found no association between slightly elevated blood glucose levels, below the level needed to classify a woman as having gestational diabetes, and an increased chance of having a large baby".
It has been reported that this finding of the report is a significant one, as American Diabetes Association decreased the limitations for including women under the category of gestational diabetes, so that more number of women can be put at risk of having a large baby.
However, it is being concerned that if weight, instead of glucose levels is the major factor behind having a big baby, then lowering the criteria will not help solve the problem.
- New York City Rent Guidelines Board in an Unprecedented Move Votes to Freeze Regulated Rents on One-Year Leases
- According to S&P Dubai Real Estate Prices Likely to Drop Ten to Twenty Percent 2015
- Gains Noted in Southern California Home Sales Marking a Rise in Prices
- Fannie Mae Accused of Discriminating Neighborhoods on the Basis of Races by Fair Housing
- Second Quarter Profits of Business Software Provider SAP Drops Due to Higher Expenditures
- The National Football League’s Revenue Growing Rapidly with $1.3 billion Added Revenue in 2014
- Express with Emojis and You Might be Able to Suggest the Next Emoji to be Included on the Keyboard
- Livetext, the New Yahoo Messenger Debuts in Hong Kong before a Wider Release
- Report from a Security Firm Suggests Decline in Spam Rate and Increase in Malware Creation
- President Obama Planning to Make Changes in US Criminal Justice System
- Documents from 2005 Sex-Assault Lawsuit Should Not Be Unsealed, says Bill Cosby’s Lawyer
- Friend of Boston Bomber Sentenced Two And a Half Years of Imprisonment
- Prison Employee faces Charges of helping 2 Prisoners to Escape
- New York police detective shoots gunman who injured a man