Security alert on Emirates flight over bomb threat
Police has claimed to have foiled an attempt of bomb blast by arresting three persons on board the Emirates Airlines flight to Dubai scheduled to leave at 8 pm from Heathrow Airport, the World's busiest international air hubs. Scotland Yard, in a statement, said that these persons were arrested based on suspicion.
Confirming the incident, an airport spokesman said that police has been investigating the matter and it is expected to come up with credible results after completing preliminary examinations. He added, "Police are attending. It's not affecting the rest of the airport which remains opens."
A spokesman for Scotland Yard thanked the passengers and staff for their cooperation and sought apology for inconvenience caused to them. Meanwhile, the flight would leave at 1500 GMT Saturday, according to the information made available by the airline.
New Zealand News
- First deliveries of all-electric Porsche in Australia to take place this weekend
- Crown Resorts suffers record six-month loss due to COVID-19 closures
- Australia’s Crown Resorts 'not suitable' for Sydney gaming license: Inquiry Commission
- What Does Phasing Out Cheques Tell Us About Finance in New Zealand?
- South Korean casino operator GKL closes third casino amid soaring cases of COVID-19