It has been recently revealed in a report that an all new way of ailment has come up. This is the issue of over diagnosis. The world is becoming so conscious and aware these days that it is leading to over diagnosis. This means that people are being diagnosed of such problems which they might not even have. This is causing problem for them in the long run.
People have to eat medicines throughout their lives because of these wrongly diagnosed ailments. Doctors are hooking people onto these medicines which they actually don’t even need. This is a troubled situation and there is dire need for efforts to be made to fight the same in the time to come.
“As a side-effect of our improving diagnostic technology, over diagnosis is a rapidly growing problem; we must take it seriously now or suffer the consequences of over treatment and rising health care waste”, said Professor Paul Glasziou from Bond University from Australia.
It remains to be seen how there is awareness spread about the need for a change to take place and how the people are hooked off the excess medicines, in order to lead healthy lives in the long run.
- New York City Rent Guidelines Board in an Unprecedented Move Votes to Freeze Regulated Rents on One-Year Leases
- According to S&P Dubai Real Estate Prices Likely to Drop Ten to Twenty Percent 2015
- Gains Noted in Southern California Home Sales Marking a Rise in Prices
- Fannie Mae Accused of Discriminating Neighborhoods on the Basis of Races by Fair Housing
- Second Quarter Profits of Business Software Provider SAP Drops Due to Higher Expenditures
- The National Football League’s Revenue Growing Rapidly with $1.3 billion Added Revenue in 2014
- Express with Emojis and You Might be Able to Suggest the Next Emoji to be Included on the Keyboard
- Livetext, the New Yahoo Messenger Debuts in Hong Kong before a Wider Release
- Report from a Security Firm Suggests Decline in Spam Rate and Increase in Malware Creation
- President Obama Planning to Make Changes in US Criminal Justice System
- Documents from 2005 Sex-Assault Lawsuit Should Not Be Unsealed, says Bill Cosby’s Lawyer
- Friend of Boston Bomber Sentenced Two And a Half Years of Imprisonment
- Prison Employee faces Charges of helping 2 Prisoners to Escape
- New York police detective shoots gunman who injured a man