It has been recently revealed in a report that Google firm is planning to launch an all new .lol domain. These plans have been revealed by the Chief Internet Evangelist for the company, Vint Cerf. He is of the view that these plans might be made reality in the next four years to come.
He is of the view that there have been most people in the world using .com domain and there is need for changing the same. This shall mean that there is need for some new efforts to be made to incorporate some effective changes in the time to come.
"Despite the great opportunities the web has enabled for people around the world, there is still a lingering question about the diversity of the domain space (given that the number of generic TLDs has only increased by 14 in the last 28 years)”, he said
It remains to be seen how things so from here and whether these changes are well accepted by the new generation. An .lol domain would be a really different incorporation and might open doors for more innovation as well.
- Pressure Mounts to Introduce Meningitis Jabs for Irish Babies
- Sony confirms ‘KitKat’ update for Xperia Z1, Xperia Z1 Compact and Xperia Z Ultra; more devices to follow soon
- Samsung announces its first curved Ultra HD displays
- Zuckerberg, Musk, and Kutcher investing $400 million in AI startup Vicarious
- Amazon reportedly set to launch its own video-streaming device in April