It has been recently revealed in a report that Google firm is planning to launch an all new .lol domain. These plans have been revealed by the Chief Internet Evangelist for the company, Vint Cerf. He is of the view that these plans might be made reality in the next four years to come.
He is of the view that there have been most people in the world using .com domain and there is need for changing the same. This shall mean that there is need for some new efforts to be made to incorporate some effective changes in the time to come.
"Despite the great opportunities the web has enabled for people around the world, there is still a lingering question about the diversity of the domain space (given that the number of generic TLDs has only increased by 14 in the last 28 years)”, he said
It remains to be seen how things so from here and whether these changes are well accepted by the new generation. An .lol domain would be a really different incorporation and might open doors for more innovation as well.
- DST to Officially Resume on Second Sunday in March
- Eric Schmidt says Google’s data is now protected from any kind of government snooping
- harmon.ie enterprise collaboration app for Office 365 wins App Award for best international app
- Judge Lucy Koh rejects Apple’s second bid for Samsung smartphone sales ban
- Dell announces its Latitude 13 ‘Education Series’ laptops