It has been since long that elderly people are blamed of stinking or exhibiting bad odor. However, findings in this new study depict that old people might have a specific smell, but that is not necessarily bad.
The study conducted by a team of researchers at Monell Chemical Senses Center in Philadelphia suggests that it is always that old people are associated with bad smell, but that is majorly due to the reason that people associate the elderly generation with negativity.
Lead researcher Johan Lundstrom took body odor samples from 12 to 16 men and women, who were categorized under three groups based on their ages: the first one included participants aged between 20 and 30, second one aged between 45 and 55 and the third one included participants aged between 75 and 95.
It has been reported that each participant was asked to sleep with scent collecting pads under their arms. Further, people aged between 20 and 30 were asked to test the samples.
Lundstrom said, “Though the testers could pick out the older scents, they were not considered the worst. The majority could categorize old body odor as old. They were not as good at picking out the odor of younger people”.
It was declared that worst smellers were men, who were middle-aged.
- New York City Rent Guidelines Board in an Unprecedented Move Votes to Freeze Regulated Rents on One-Year Leases
- According to S&P Dubai Real Estate Prices Likely to Drop Ten to Twenty Percent 2015
- Gains Noted in Southern California Home Sales Marking a Rise in Prices
- Fannie Mae Accused of Discriminating Neighborhoods on the Basis of Races by Fair Housing
- Second Quarter Profits of Business Software Provider SAP Drops Due to Higher Expenditures
- The National Football League’s Revenue Growing Rapidly with $1.3 billion Added Revenue in 2014
- Express with Emojis and You Might be Able to Suggest the Next Emoji to be Included on the Keyboard
- Livetext, the New Yahoo Messenger Debuts in Hong Kong before a Wider Release
- Report from a Security Firm Suggests Decline in Spam Rate and Increase in Malware Creation
- President Obama Planning to Make Changes in US Criminal Justice System
- Documents from 2005 Sex-Assault Lawsuit Should Not Be Unsealed, says Bill Cosby’s Lawyer
- Friend of Boston Bomber Sentenced Two And a Half Years of Imprisonment
- Prison Employee faces Charges of helping 2 Prisoners to Escape
- New York police detective shoots gunman who injured a man