Relay For Life of Mower County has recently come up with the suggestion that people should mull over the idea of starting a team – be it for a family member, a relative, a friend, a co-worker or a neighbor - with Relay For Life of Mower County --- a move which will honor somebody who has either had cancer in the past or is currently battling with it.
Going by the suggestion, people can create a team with 5 to 15 participants, by getting in touch with co-workers, family, friends and neighbors for the purpose of donations, either by purchasing a luminaria or just a pledge to the cancer cause.
The team kick-off will take place at the Mower County Red Cross building, at 6:30 p. m. on Wednesday, with the relay this year to be held at the Veterans pavilion on August 4 and August 5.
The festivities at the relay this time round will start at 3 p. m., and the opening ceremony has been slated for 6 p. m. The highlights of this year’s relay will be games, entertainment, a water slide on Skinners Hill, live or silent auctions, as well as lots of delicious eatables.
The luminaria ceremony will start at dusk, when the names of cancer survivors as well as cancer victims will be read out. Special events will go on all through the night for the team participants who spend the night in the park.
- Postage Prices will Decrease from Sunday; USPS not too Happy About It
- Marriott and Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide Inc Shareholders Approve to $14.41 Sales Deal
- UK plan to impose additional tax on sugary drinks
- Obesity during pregnancy may increase risk of very ‘large babies’
- Dropping Sales at Gap’s Key Brands hurt the Company’s Shares