Relay For Life of Mower County has recently come up with the suggestion that people should mull over the idea of starting a team – be it for a family member, a relative, a friend, a co-worker or a neighbor - with Relay For Life of Mower County --- a move which will honor somebody who has either had cancer in the past or is currently battling with it.
Going by the suggestion, people can create a team with 5 to 15 participants, by getting in touch with co-workers, family, friends and neighbors for the purpose of donations, either by purchasing a luminaria or just a pledge to the cancer cause.
The team kick-off will take place at the Mower County Red Cross building, at 6:30 p. m. on Wednesday, with the relay this year to be held at the Veterans pavilion on August 4 and August 5.
The festivities at the relay this time round will start at 3 p. m., and the opening ceremony has been slated for 6 p. m. The highlights of this year’s relay will be games, entertainment, a water slide on Skinners Hill, live or silent auctions, as well as lots of delicious eatables.
The luminaria ceremony will start at dusk, when the names of cancer survivors as well as cancer victims will be read out. Special events will go on all through the night for the team participants who spend the night in the park.
- New York City Rent Guidelines Board in an Unprecedented Move Votes to Freeze Regulated Rents on One-Year Leases
- According to S&P Dubai Real Estate Prices Likely to Drop Ten to Twenty Percent 2015
- Gains Noted in Southern California Home Sales Marking a Rise in Prices
- Fannie Mae Accused of Discriminating Neighborhoods on the Basis of Races by Fair Housing
- Second Quarter Profits of Business Software Provider SAP Drops Due to Higher Expenditures
- The National Football League’s Revenue Growing Rapidly with $1.3 billion Added Revenue in 2014
- Express with Emojis and You Might be Able to Suggest the Next Emoji to be Included on the Keyboard
- Livetext, the New Yahoo Messenger Debuts in Hong Kong before a Wider Release
- Report from a Security Firm Suggests Decline in Spam Rate and Increase in Malware Creation
- President Obama Planning to Make Changes in US Criminal Justice System
- Documents from 2005 Sex-Assault Lawsuit Should Not Be Unsealed, says Bill Cosby’s Lawyer
- Friend of Boston Bomber Sentenced Two And a Half Years of Imprisonment
- Prison Employee faces Charges of helping 2 Prisoners to Escape
- New York police detective shoots gunman who injured a man