A recent news has caught the attention of one and all after it was revealed that there would now be a new scoring system which would offer patients the choice to know the quality of their doctors' surgeries. This step is expected to make a hell lot of improvements in the NHS healthcare system.
It is told that under this project, in excess of 8,000 GP practices would be rated in the scale of 0-10 and that’s what would make patients choose the best for them. there would be certain parameters on the basis of which scoring would be done, including how easily patients get the appointments, how long they have to wait in reception, what are the opening hours etc.
With rising number of complaints being reported on helpline about GPs, it is believed that this move might be able to sort the problem in the time to come. “We welcome these proposals, because they will result in more information being available for patients when they are making a choice about which GP to register with”, said Katherine Murphy, chief executive of the Patient's Association.
It was further confirmed that the new data would be able to access by patients on the NHS Choices website, thereby offering them the chance of picking the best for them.
- NCPs to be Regulated as Medicines, announces MHRA
- Aspiring Paracyclist from Exeter Suffers from Rare MDP syndrome
- Breast Cancer Screenings should be Provided to Larger Group of Women: Study
- New Zealand needs to do more to lift its game in China: Tim Groser
- Opera by Cherubini Got Recovered by Researchers