As per recent reports, it has been revealed that Mayor Michael Bloomberg proposed that drinks rich in sugar contents should be banned from New York City eateries. It has been reported that the proposal for the ban is moving forward successfully.
It has been revealed that the proposal is to be formally submitted to city's board of health this Tuesday morning. Further, the board is expected to carry out a 90-day comment period, during which a series of public hearings will be carried out.
The proposal said, “The ban on drinks over 16 ounces would apply only to sweetened options that contain more than 25 calories per 8 ounces. It would not apply to diet soda or any other calorie-free drink”.
It has been administered that this is first ever ban of a kind, which aims at barring drinks which high sugar contents. The mayor emphasized that the number of cases related to obesity are on a rise, hence to curb the situation the way is one of the best.
However, Frank Bruni commented that he is very happy for the action the mayor has taken but at the same time, he exaggerated that the problem of obesity is also related to poor diet in taken by the people. Even lack of activeness and exercise are equally responsible.
- Scientists may use Vitamin C in TB Treatment to Kill Tuberculosis Bacteria
- Jolie’s Revelation of Undergoing Double Mastectomy Creates Needless Panic among Women
- India and UK Sign MOU on Cooperation in the Field Of Health Sector
- Examining Exoplanets, their Surfaces and their Atmosphere
- Poison is Suspected for Sea Lions Deaths found in Peru