As per recent reports, it has been revealed that a US research has claimed that a special kind of label for cigarette packets can help attract attention of smokers towards the health problems related to smoking.
The research has proposed that images like patients on respirators can help divert their mind even towards the ill-effects of smoking and at the same time, the idea can help promote health warnings.
Further, the research emphasized that the best way to memorize things is through keeping an image of it in the mind. This idea also uses the same old method.
Researchers from the University of Pennsylvania said, “Using eye-tracking technology, we measured how long smokers spent viewing each part of a cigarette advertisement containing warning labels”.
Further, the participants were asked to write down what they observed, so as to acknowledge how much they remembered.
The study, which included 200 smokers, observed that 83% of them were able to memorize the health caution, when it was depicted using an image, in comparison to only 50% obtained in case smokers were to remember the warnings demonstrated only with text.
They asserted that government should deploy such a method to decline the number of smokers, in comparison to introducing simple packages.
- Beautiful Conjunction of 3 Planets to Take place in Last 10 Days of May
- Health report Disclosed Shocking Patterns Followed by Locals
- Australian Nursing Federation Urges State Government to Take Measures over Violence
- Tasmania's Health Department Refuses Link between Illnesses and Contaminated Water
- Veterinary Directorate Grants Approval for Fast-Tracking of Schmallenberg Vaccine