Jorge Odon, an Argentinean car mechanic, has developed a new device for solving the maternal mortality issue being seen since decades, says a recent report.
A joke of his own to take out the cork from a wine bottle with the help of a plastic bag helped him to evolve a new technique. A method that helps a mother to give birth when her baby is unable to come through the birth canal has been found by him.
The "Odon device" is currently under trials so as to test its efficiency and performance. While other techniques like forceps and vacuum pumps are already introduced since decades, it is being said that the new device is cost-effective as well as safe.
As per the process, a disposable plastic sheath is slid around the head of the baby, which enables an attendant to take him out. The advantage of Odon device over other devices is its ability to avoid transmission of HIV to the baby in the birth canal.
"It's inexpensive, it's ingenious, and it's so simple it can be used by lower level staff. If it is approved, it would give resource-poor settings something they very badly need - a new life-saving tool", said Margaret Chan, World Health Organization’s director general.
- New York City Rent Guidelines Board in an Unprecedented Move Votes to Freeze Regulated Rents on One-Year Leases
- According to S&P Dubai Real Estate Prices Likely to Drop Ten to Twenty Percent 2015
- Gains Noted in Southern California Home Sales Marking a Rise in Prices
- Fannie Mae Accused of Discriminating Neighborhoods on the Basis of Races by Fair Housing
- Second Quarter Profits of Business Software Provider SAP Drops Due to Higher Expenditures
- The National Football League’s Revenue Growing Rapidly with $1.3 billion Added Revenue in 2014
- Express with Emojis and You Might be Able to Suggest the Next Emoji to be Included on the Keyboard
- Livetext, the New Yahoo Messenger Debuts in Hong Kong before a Wider Release
- Report from a Security Firm Suggests Decline in Spam Rate and Increase in Malware Creation
- President Obama Planning to Make Changes in US Criminal Justice System
- Documents from 2005 Sex-Assault Lawsuit Should Not Be Unsealed, says Bill Cosby’s Lawyer
- Friend of Boston Bomber Sentenced Two And a Half Years of Imprisonment
- Prison Employee faces Charges of helping 2 Prisoners to Escape
- New York police detective shoots gunman who injured a man