Bizarre news, a shop in Croydon, south London, discovered to be breaching with hygienic terms and conditions.
It has been reported that inspectors were urged to investigate Poundland shop, after huge number of customers lodged complaints against the shop in November.
The inspectors exclaimed that they discovered that the staff had resealed packets of food items, including biscuits, bitten by mice, and then placed them again on counters for sale.
The food inspectors stated that they were surprised to see fecal waste of mice inside boxes containing chocolates, places on shelves of the shop for sale.
Nevertheless, they affirmed that the rodents had made their way into the food storage department of the shop and had messed up with many of the chocolate packages.
Prosecutor David McNeill told Croydon magistrates: “Inside the shop, packets of food had been chewed open and the contents spilled on to shelves littered with mouse droppings. Instead of disposing off such food items, they were resealed with sellotape”.
Moreover, it was even notified that a dead mouse was found near shelves of the shop, which clearly predicted that the place had not been cleaned since a long time. Croydon council has banned the shop from selling goods and it has been fined with £24,000.