While there is no denial that cancer calls for awareness, a recent report seems to suggest that efforts are surely being made in the direction. On the same lines, a new website has been developed which would specifically target those living in rural areas.
It was made possible after efforts were made by a University of Adelaide student along with a team of cancer victims. It was claimed that Kate Gunn had studied a lot about rural South Australian cancer patients and their carers, which made him believe that there is need to do something for cancer patients living in rural areas.
He even approached community health services, practice nurses, cancer support group leaders etc so that underlying theory is being studied thoroughly. It is believed that this new website would be focused on rural communties with cancer, called ‘Country Cancer Support’.
“This website is based on what country cancer patients have told me they wish they knew earlier and think other people like them should be told soon after being diagnosed”, she said. There is need for such efforts to be made so that a lot more can be done to make people all the more aware about the disease and its possible treatment.
- China Promises to Restrict Greenhouse Emissions by 2016
- Deaths Due to Climate Change will Increase Manifold in Coming Decades
- Demand of Larrivée Guitar Got a Boost after Promotion through Astronaut Chris Hadfield
- Rosario Dawson flashes her crotch at Cannes Film Festival
- Angelina Jolie’s double mastectomy moved Jennifer Aniston to tears