Food and beverage industry possess a great influence on good habits of people across the world. This is the reason that they need to be put under great control. As per a review being published in the science journal PLoS Medicine, it has been revealed that the authorities concerned do not pose stricter regulations on such companies.
The editors of the review were of the view that obesity has been becoming an issue of concern across the globe. It would not be wrong to categorize food with tobacco products, as it can also harm body.
Dr. Gabrielle Jenkin, who is from the University of Otago, revealed that nutrition policy in NZ is being ruled by the food industry. Therefore, it is important food industry should make sure that they do not compromise on nutritional value.
There are chances that they do not do it on their own and the government has to make sure that they meet all the nutritional requirements. In addition, it would not be wrong to say that rise in obesity is due to the lack of government control on such companies.
"Accessibility and availability of food determine what goes into the mouth. Coca-Cola is one of the most common words in the world and the golden arches of McDonald”, said Jenkin.
- Beautiful Conjunction of 3 Planets to Take place in Last 10 Days of May
- Health report Disclosed Shocking Patterns Followed by Locals
- Australian Nursing Federation Urges State Government to Take Measures over Violence
- Tasmania's Health Department Refuses Link between Illnesses and Contaminated Water
- Veterinary Directorate Grants Approval for Fast-Tracking of Schmallenberg Vaccine