Relay for Life has been changing lives of many people. Recently, thousands of people took part in the event at the tracks of Spaulding High School. Cancer is one of the most deadly diseases. There isn't any family which doesn't have felt the trauma of cancer.
This time, the participants of the study were hopeful that their contribution would help in finding a cure of cancer. A patient of cancer has to endure pain, stress and depression. If a permanent cure of the disease is found, then no one would have to face the agony of cancer.
At the start of the Relay for Life ceremony, about 100 Monarch butterflies were released. The butterflies were symbolic of finding cure to free patients from the grips of cancer. This year, the theme of the event was Disney.
Every year, Relay for Life is organized to raise funds for cancer research. Besides, through this event, cancer patients are encouraged to keep their battle on with the cancer. During the event, the participants take walk for 24hours. By taking walk for 24 hours, cancer patients are encouraged to keep fighting with cancer as cancer never sleeps. It is hoped that events like Relay for Life will continue to bring change in the life of cancer participants.
- Sharp fall experienced in Jobless claims
- Boeing plans to spend $10 billion on 777X jetliner
- Telstra ‘vacuums up’ data from telephone calls of Australian users
- FTC settles with maker of Brightest Flashlight Free app which distributed user data to third parties
- BBM directory search service launched for Android platform