Lung cancer possesses very severe risks and is killing almost 4 million every year then why are Indians still ignoring or underestimating the disease? Why are people in India still lacking knowledge about lung cancer?
The above facts have been generated by a study that was recently carried out by European Lung Foundation and Forum for International Respiratory Societies (FIRS) in India.
From the findings of the study, it has been cleared that Indians are still continuing underestimating lung diseases and moreover, they are also lacking sufficient knowledge about the deadly cancer form. The findings of the study came as shock on June 27 on World Spirometry Day, which aims to make people aware upon importance of lung health and related diseases.
The data has shown that Indians are more concerned of their heart health and diseases and are ignoring their lung health majorly. Almost 62% respondents never got their lungs tested, says the study.
Urging people to take proper care of their lungs as well, Mr. Klaus Rabe, President of the European Respiratory Society said, "Even gentle walking for those with severe disease can help in improving lung capacity and general well being and we must get this message through to patients".
- City Council argues e-cigarette ban in public areas which is being opposed by users and sellers
- Business Customers of SolarCity to get Tesla-made Batteries
- Walter the blind sea otter is now improving after being shot at
- Fall in fuel prices bring US drivers back on the road
- Stolen radioactive material in Mexico found