A new study has revealed an unusual fact saying that women have trouble respecting themselves because of their low self-esteem and negative internal chatter. Is that really so?
The above claims have come from Relationships Australia Psychologist Ms. Danielle Ollington, who said that the so-called negativity is currently weighing down many women around. This negativity could severely affect a woman’s participation in activities, choice of clothes they wear, the career opportunities they choose to pursue, their abilities to make more friends and also hampers their decision of making choice of partner.
"Low self-esteem can mean that people don't treat us as well as they should", the Herald Sun quoted the Australian Psychologist as saying. "We have a vulnerability or sense of fragility about us that enables people to cross boundaries they perhaps wouldn't cross with someone else", she added.
She explains that women are under the affect since their childhood because overly critical parents fill then with a sense of never being good whereas overprotective parents teach them that the world is a dangerous place and they can't manage independently. This abuse that is suffered as a child massively affects the personality of women and erodes her self-esteem.
The best way to improve poor self-esteem is to challenge every negative self belief and fight against it.
- A few Royals to get a sneak peek of the Chelsea Flower Show ahead of its public opening
- Nicki Minaj gives Lil Wayne a Lapdance at the 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- The Osbourne’s are re-united
- Rajinikanth’s Kochadaiyaan couldn’t make it to the Cannes Film Festival screening
- Combination Food of Soy and Tomato Can Probably Help in Prostate Cancer